To apply for the Mellon Mays Fellowship, you will need to submit the following:
- RESUME highlighting your accomplishments, activities and work experience.
- TRANSCRIPT, which can be an unofficial version downloaded from ESTHER
- PERSONAL STATEMENT summarizing your research interests, career goals and reasons for interest in MMUF.
- FACULTY RECOMMENDATION from the Rice faculty member who will mentor your project
Please submit your application materials through the following link:
DEADLINE: Monday, February 6, 2017
Instructions for using the application site:
- Complete page one of the application. At the bottom of the form, you will find boxes to check off under "Awards/Opportunities"; mark “40 Mellon Maysr”. In addition to providing basic biographical information, you will be asked to upload a picture (.jpeg), transcript, and resume (both in .pdf).
- After you complete the first page, you will be taken to a page that allows you to upload the name and email address of your faculty recommender. The faculty member will automatically receive an email requesting direct upload of the letter to the system.
- You will also see a space for the essay upload. Please submit your personal statement as a .pdf.
Once you complete step 1, you can return to your application file at any time. If you would like to upload recommender information or your essay at a later date, go to ofur-app.rice.edu/private. Login with your netid and password.