GRADUATE RECRUITMENT & RETENTION
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion, with its objective to support and guide Rice by facilitating a campus environment that promotes diversity, inclusion, and academic achievement, has institutionalized campus-wide programs in the areas of recruitment and retention efforts for underrepresented populations on the doctoral level. Programs are held to ensure students' success through mechanisms in the form of mentoring, professional development, and community-building activities, as well as assisting with the navigation of financial support.
To help achieve our objective, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is also working in conjunction with Rice's Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GSP) Office, and GPS's professional development workshop schedule can be found here. Information on training for new students can be found here.
There are myriad funding opportunities available for doctoral students and some of those follow:
- AT&T Academic Programs
- American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellowships
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratory Fellowship Program
- Cornell University Graduate School Fellowship Database
- Bell Labs Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
- Ford Foundation
- The GEM National Consortium
- The Hertz Foundation
- Hewlett-Packard Fellowship
- Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship
- National Academies of Science, Engineering & Medicine
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- National Institute of Health
- National Physics Consortium
- National Physical Science Consortium
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- Rice's Center for
- PDF file with detailed information can be found here.
- Scholarships for Minorities
- United College Negro Fund and the Merck Foundation
- Yale University Portal
Master's degrees only:
- Sandia National Laboratories
To apply for the doctoral degree at Rice University, apply directly to the department of your choice here .
For more information on graduate programs, contact Theresa Chatman, Director, Graduate Recruitment and Retention, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, email@example.com, 713-348-5180 (phone), 713-348-5759 (fax).